A number of Packers Movers companies also offer warehouse and goods storage facilities to their customers throughout India. The clients can be discrete Households or business units that are involved in commercial or charitable activities. The client requirement for goods storage may be large or small, these companies tailor their services to meet specific and unique needs of their customers. Most of these warehouses are equipped with surveillance cameras, standard racking clean, well-marked with better protection arrangement of client's critical inventory. All the incoming materials to the warehouse are stored appropriately after stringent inspections and quality checks. They also deploy security personnel throughout the warehouse and loading dock areas.
Households Goods Storage
The packers movers companies provide best and secure warehousing and storage services for storing goods for a specified time frame. Most of the Packers Movers companies are engaged in storage of household goods like furniture, crockery, TV sets and computers. Some companies also provide custom built vaults for short term or long term storage in a safe, dust free, temperature controlled environment. These units are often made fire resistant and are perfect for storing fine art, antiques and other personal belongings that are sensitive to sunlight or dust.
Warehouse – Storage Size and timeline
Many of these companies offer onsite storage facilities. The onsite storage is available in various sizes and for different duration for low monthly rentals.
1) Mini storage units are convenient for families that need extra space for storage of household goods. These units can be used to store household items that you do not want immediate access to. The customer gets to retain the key for the storage.
2) Short term and long term storage as per the duration or time span
3) Storage can be given during transit or when goods are moving
What are the factors that need to be taken into consideration while hiring a warehouse?
The factors that you will have to take into consideration while hiring a warehouse and storage facility are:
• Size and type of storage: The type of storage you require will depend on the type of goods that you plan to store in the warehouse. For eg households goods can be stored in small warehouse while storage of big machines required large warehouses
• Location of storage: The location of the storage should not be too remote. For supply chain the warehouse should be strategically located near port.
• Security arrangements: This is an important criterion in selection of storage facilities. Is the warehouse well guarded and protected against theft and burglary? Are the security arrangements satisfactory? Is the warehouse fireproof? Is the warehouse insured against any natural calamity
• Maintenance: The warehouse maintenance is essential for the well being of your goods. The warehouse should be leak proof, temperature-controlled, doing pest control and fumigation regularly.
• The rental: Finally, the rental for the warehouse should be reasonable and competitive. A number of warehouse and storage facilities offer discount plans for customers. You could do a bit of homework to find out if any of these discount plans are available to you for the goods you plan to store in the warehouse.